1 someone who cuts or carves stone [syn: stonecutter]
2 someone who carves the meat [syn: carver]
3 someone whose work is cutting (as e.g. cutting cloth for garments)
5 a sailing vessel with a single mast set further back than the mast of a sloop
- Rhymes: -ʌtə(r)
- A person or device that cuts
- A single-masted, fore-and-aft rigged, sailing vessel with at least two headsails, and a mast set further aft than that of a sloop.
- A heavy-duty motor boat for official use.
- a coast-guard cutter.
- A ship's boat, used for transport ship-to-ship or ship-to-shore.
- A ball that moves sideways in the air, or off the pitch, because it has been cut.
- A cut fastball.
- A ten pence piece. So named because it is the coin most often sharpened by prison inmates to use as a weapon.
- A person who cuts him or herself out of angst.
device that cuts
- Esperanto: tranc'ilo
- Finnish: leikkuri
single-masted sailing ship type
- Finnish: kutteri
heavy-duty motor boat for official use
- Finnish: kutteri
- Finnish: yhteysvene
cricket: ball that has been cut
baseball: cut fastball
slang: ten pence piece
slang: person who cuts him or herself
Cutter may refer to:
- Cutter (ship), any of several types of small water vessel
- Cutter location, the position where a CNC milling machine has been instructed to hold a milling cutter
- Cutter v. Wilkinson, a 2005 United States Supreme Court case
Cutter Expansive Classification, a library classification
- Charles Ammi Cutter, the man who created the system
- cutter number, a suffix used in this and other library classification systems
- Cookie-cutter, something unimaginative or identical to previous iterations
- Cutter (body modification), an underground who performs surgical tasks that other surgeons refuse to do
- Someone who practices self-injury.
- Cutter Bug spray
- Coors Cutter a discontinued non-alcoholic beverage from Coors
Businesses and organizations:
- John Cutter, character name of Wesley Snipes the 2003 movie Passenger 57
- John Cutter is an American computer game designer - see also Amiga
- Nick Cutter, a character from the 2007 ITV science fiction series Primeval
- Cutter to Houston, a 1983 television series
- Cutter and Bone, a 1976 thriller novel
- Cutter John, a character in the comic strip Bloom County by Berkeley Breathed
- Cutter, the protagonist of the Elfquest series of graphic novels
- Cutter, a minor character from the G.I. Joe universe
- "The Cutter", a 1983 single by Echo & the Bunnymen
- "Cutters", in the 1979 cycling movie "Breaking Away", an initially derogatory term used to refer to the local youths living in Bloomington, Indiana, by the resident Indiana college students. 'Cutters' is a reference to the local stone cutting industry of the town.
- "Cutter", nickname of fictional character Captain Spaulding
cutter in German: Cutter
cutter in French: Cutter
cutter in Japanese: カッター
abridger, abstracter, analyzer, ax, baby tooth, bicuspid, blade, breaker, bucktooth, canine, centrifuge, cold steel, crown, cuspid, cutlery, dagger, deciduous tooth, dent, denticle, denticulation, dentil, dentition, dogtooth, edge tools, epitomist, epitomizer, eyetooth, fang, finisher, fore tooth, gagtooth, gang tooth, garmentmaker, garmentworker, gold tooth, grinder, incisor, knife, milk tooth, molar, naked steel, needleworker, peg, permanent tooth, pigsticker, pivot tooth, point, premolar, puncturer, scrivello, separator, sharpener, shortener, sieve, snag, snaggletooth, steel, stitcher, stripper, sword, toad sticker, tooth, tush, tusk, whittle, wisdom tooth